Friday, June 15, 2012

Adventures in Cooking : Rosemary Pretzels & Cheese Sauce

I'm not much of a cook but I wanted to expand my horizons. Thanks to the internet, I found some basic recipes to peak my interest in the kitchen. Today, I decided to go more advanced (well for me) and try out this amazing sounding recipe.


It was more work than I expected but well worth it. The recipe calls for boiling the pretzels and covering them in egg before baking them. I had no idea soft pretzels were made that way! I thought you just threw them in the oven. Working with yeast was new for me too. That was interesting to see it activate and double the size of the dough in about an hour. The fresh rosemary I used was from our garden. Superb!


Quick Tips:
-When you leave the dough to rise, place it on a baking sheet or in a dish
-After you kneaded and rolled the dough, cut it like a pizza pie to easily make 8 equal pieces
-Whisk the egg and use a cooking brush to evenly coat the pretzels

Try out this Recipe for yourself!
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/rosemary-sea-salt-pretzels-with-rosemary-cheddar-cheese-sauce/

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! I think I need to try making those or you need to bring me some to work:)

    ReplyDelete