Thursday, January 3, 2013

Crock-Pot-Mini Beef Stew

I love my mini crock pot. It's great for serving fondues and dips and meals for 3-4 people. With just my boyfriend and I, it cooks just the right amount for each of us and still plenty of left overs for lunch the next day. I find it tricky to measure and have the right amounts of everything though. Most recipes are for larger crock pots that serve 6 or more. I find that cutting a recipe in half can still be too much for my size. Just under half is about right. Luckily, crock pot recipes are fairly forgiving.

I made this amazing beef stew with such simple and inexpensive ingredients. The recipe came from an Eating Well slow cooker magazine.


Chop:
Potato, Celery, Carrot, Onion, Garlic (not in the original recipe), and beef

Add the seasoning with a little flour and the beef broth and stir.

Then add the chopped ingredients.

Let sit for about 6 hours, stirring occasionally.

And that's all there is to it! Just some chopping and then you can let dinner cook itself while you get on with your day!!
Have a great Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment