Friday, March 1, 2013

Looky Looky

As you may or may not know, I am an artist. I like to express my creativity through many mediums and makeup is no exception! This isn't a tutorial as much as a "look" I liked creating. There are so many videos and tutorials out there for hair and makeup so I figured I'd spare you yet another.

The Hair
I slick the sides with hairspray and give the top lots of volume. The easiest way for me to accomplish this is to section the side and top into 3 parts. I adjust the volume on top with a comb and just pull it out of the pony gently. Then I tighten the hair band when I have it just how I want. Adding twisties or braids  is a fun change up too!



The Makeup
Today I went for a smoke dark eye. I gave the outer areas of my eye most of the contouring and definition. A double coat of mascara does the trick to contrast with color I used and makes lashes stand out more. I absolutely love orangey-red lips for any occasion. Today, I was feeling dramatic and wanted to add the bright color with the smokey eyes.
Tip: a cream base under a powder is the key to a long lasting look.
MAC Paint Pots, Maybelline Color Tattoo, or Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils all work really well. The same can be true for your lipstick as well. I like to seal mine with a little eye shadow for a clean matte finish.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment