Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lenghthen Your Semi-Permanent Color's Life

I am always messing with my hair color. I have done just about every crazy color possible. It's been a long time since I've done reds. Lately I've been in love with this AVON lipstick color. It's a vibrant red-orange. I am going to mix 2 colors I got from the local beauty supply. I'll dye the red at my root and the orange at the tips for a gradient effect.

I've used manic panic many many times. It usually washes out a lot when I rise the color and with every wash after. This isn't a surprise because I use semi-permanent color. I just like the fade effect. It's always a little different. This time I had ZERO wash away when I rinsed and the color has held nicely. 

Inspired by Avon lipstick color Poppy Love #U420

I did a couple different things to help the color really last.
1. Wrap hair in a plastic shopping bag like a shower cap
2. Use a blow dryer to apply heat for about 10-15 minutes
3. Wrap towel on your head over the plastic bag
4. Leave color overnight
5. Rinse with warm water

Normally the color dries up on my hair after 90 minutes and really doesn't seem to have an effect if I leave it in any longer after that point. This time I went to bed with a towel wrapped over the plastic bag. I originally did this to protect my pillow and sheets but it ended up getting the hair from a dry state to back to saturated wet. I imagine the heat from my head did the trick. In the morning, when I went to rinse the color, the water immediately ran clear. The color seems to be much more resilient to shampooing and therefore a longer time before a touch up is needed.







2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    Nice blog.. Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC..!!!
    Keep in touch
    beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Pooja! It's nice to hear from other beauty fanatics and bloggers :) Following your blog now via blogspot :)

    ReplyDelete